Louis Vuitton Spring/Summer 2014 ICONS Collection
Such a satisfying outfit.
FOR MY RETURN TO LONDON
- Run each morning that you don’t have a 9am start.
- Go out for coffee with someone once a week.
- Grow your hair long.
- Spend at least 30mins in your room each day.
- Give any clothes you no longer wear to charity.
- Buy only beautiful ones in return.
- Keep a notebook in caps lock (it makes you write more slowly).
- Take your camera out with you again.
- When you drink tea, drink it and do nothing else.
- Make more soup.
- Keep a calendar on the wall. Fill it.
- Read before bed.
- Keep a recipe book. Nothing too laborious, just cut out bits from others or gather recipes from friends. Maybe with photos. Make it a project.
- Uni does not have to end at 4. Keep working. 30 mins rest when home, work until dinner, 1hr to make and eat dinner, then work until 9pm.
- Work in your room.
- Change the room around. Have the desk facing onto the park properly.
- If it is sunny, take a walk.
- Spend no more than 2hrs free time on the mac.
- Practise the guitar properly two or three times a week.
- Buy a corkboard and pin up your tasks.
- Stick to your own routine: go to bed at 1am in the week. Do not be too tired to function.
- Do not worry if you cannot fit it all in. Reschedule some free time.
- Call home more.
It will not be easy, but you will be able to forget many things once a certain amount of time has passed. Without a true self, though, a person can not go on living. It is like the ground we stand on. Without the ground, we can build nothing.
Today I am off to Germany!
I’ll be working at Barutti for three weeks, being tutored in pattern cutting and design processes. I’m pretty excited, and will use this tumblr as a little journal space so I don’t forget anything.
Bit nervous to fly on my own (a handy phobia to have for someone who travels a lot, what luck) but am excited about having time to myself to work. I may have smuggled 5m of pattern paper out of uni, to give you some indication of what I’m planning on doing!
So, see you in three weeks!
Just googled where I’ll be living for three weeks whilst I work for Barutti in Germany. Wilhelmshaven looks absolutely beautiful!
Solo Major wearing my Paul Smith inspired QR code suit. The classic Paul Smith stripe is deconstructed until the wearer sits a certain way (communicating a particular body language) and is reconstructed again. The lining is composed of QR codes personalised to the wearer which remain scannable.